- Will Menthol Cigarettes Be Banned?
Mitch Morrison, Vice President and Group Editor Melissa Vonder Haar, Tobacco Editor, December 26, 2013
- White House held up release of FDA scientific report on menthol for a year
Stanton Glantz, November 11, 2013
- Panel to seek action against cigarette trafficking
Richmond Times-Dispatch, November 25, 2013
- National Organization of Black Law Enforcement Executives comment letter to FDA
National Organization of Black Law Enforcement Executives, November 13, 2013
- Federal Law Enforcement Officers Association comment to FDA
November 5, 2013
- BCTGM International Union Comment Letter to the FDA
The Bakery, Confectionary, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers International Union, October 28, 2013
- Congress of Racial Equality Comments to the FDA
C.O.R.E., September 25, 2013
- National Fraternal Order of Police Comments to the FDA
National Fraternal Order of Police, September 23, 2013
- American Council on Science and Health Comments to the FDA
The American Council on Science and Health (ACSH), September 23, 2013
- National Black Chamber of Commerce Comments to the FDA
National Black Chamber of Commerce, September 16, 2013
- American Conservative Union Comment to FDA
American Conservative Union, September 9, 2013
- NACS to FDA: Banning menthol will worsen illicit market
NACS Online, August 29, 2013
- Boss Talk: Lorillard Isn't Giving Up Menthol or E-Cigs
The Wall Street Journal, August 28, 2013
- "New York says breaks cigarette-smuggling ring linked to militants"
Reuters, May 16, 2013
- "FBI sting smokes out fake Marlboro men"
Philadelphia Inquirer, April 12, 2013
- "Cigarette Taxes versus Cigarette Smuggling"
The New York Times Blog Economix, January 10, 2013
- "Cigarette Tax Evasion Remains Rampant in New York"
NACS Online, December 14, 2012
- "Tougher cigarette smuggling law urged"
Richmond-Times Dispatch, December 6, 2012
- "Cigarette-smuggling: The urge to smurf"
The Economist, November 24, 2012
- "176 countries agree to fight illicit tobacco trade"
AP, November 12, 2012
- "Is Alberta ready to combat contraband tobacco?"
Edmonton Journal: OpEd, November 6, 2012
- "Yemeni's WTC pass mystifies"
Richmond Times-Dispatch, November 5, 2012
- "'Surplus' tobacco flooding the Canadian black market: RCMP"
National Post, November 4, 2012
- "Draft protocol to eliminate illicit trade in tobacco products"
W.H.O., November 17, 2012
- "Federal judge rules that tobacco industry lawsuit against FDA panel can go forward"
CBS News, August 1, 2012
- "Lung Cancer Study Finds Mentholated Cigarettes No More Harmful Than Regular Cigarettes"
Journal of the National Cancer Institute, March 23, 2011
- "FDA Wrong About Menthol Cigarettes, Group Says"
MedPage Today, March 23, 2011
- Cigarette smuggling costs states billions
CBS News, October 18, 2011
- Prohibition: America's failed "noble experiment"
CBS Sunday Morning, October 2, 2011
- FDA to Independently review Menthol
Associated Press, June 27, 2011
- Menthol May Pose Lower Lung-Cancer Risk, Vanderbilt Study Finds)
Bloomberg, March 23, 2011
- Cancer Study Snuffs Out Menthol Myths
Vanderbilt University Medical Center Reporter, March 24, 2011
- Two strikes against TPSAC menthol "recommendation"
The Los Angeles Times, March 18, 2011
- Tobacco Makers Fight Menthol Rules
The Associated Press, March 18, 2011
- Advisory Panel Urges F.D.A. to Re-examine Menthol in Cigarettes
The New York Times, March 18, 2011
- Lorillard Responds to FDA Advisory Committee Conclusions
March 18, 2011 - - - View recommendations
- US advisers mixed on menthol smokes, Lorillard up
Reuters, March 1, 2011
- Gangs, Terrorists, Mafia Make Huge Profits Selling...Cigarettes
CNBC, February 25, 2011
- Lorillard Suit Alleges Financial Conflict and Bias Among FDA Advisory Committee Members
February 25, 2011 - - - View the suit
- Blacks divided over possible menthol ban
Los Angeles Times, November 23, 2010
- Menthol Ban Could Boost Kid Smoking
November 18, 2010
- Lorillard Says Menthol Ban Will Create Black Market
November 17, 2010
- NACS: Menthol Ban to Spark Black Market
Convenience Store News, September 30, 2010
- Fanning the Black Market Flames
CSP, September 30, 2010
- Trade Group Pushes Against Menthol Cig Ban
AP, September 30, 2010
- Industry Warns Of Poor Data, Exclusion From New Tobacco Activities
FDA Week, September 30, 2010
- Cigarette Makers Defend Use of Menthol Flavoring
Wall Street Journal, July 15, 2010
- Law Enforcement Highlights Tobacco Contraband Issue
Law Enforcement Alliance of America, July 14, 2010
- Lorillard Urges FDA to Review Testimony on Menthol Cigarettes
(Bloomberg, July 13, 2010)
- This Week's Health Industry News
The New York Times, July 12, 2010
- They're Butting Heads in Albany Over Cig Sting
(New York Post, July 8, 2010)
- Lorillard Launches 'Understanding Menthol.com' Website
(June 29, 2010)
- Should menthol cigarettes be banned?
(CNN.com, June 15, 2010)
- Could FDA Panel Conflict of Interest Endanger Menthol Cigarettes?
(U.S. News & World Report, June 9, 2010)
- Group Objects to 2 Members of Tobacco Safety Panel
(New York Times, June 7, 2010)
- Filtering Out Tobacco Laws
(Congressional Quarterly, May 29, 2010)
- Menthol, Lorillard, and the feds
(News-Record, May 18, 2010)
- Tobacco Companies Defend Use of Menthol in Cigarettes
(Wall Street Journal, March 31, 2010)
- Cigarette Makers Defend Menthol to U.S. Advisers
(Reuters, March 31, 2010)
- FDA Reviewing Whether to Ban Menthol Cigarettes
(Washington Post, March 31, 2010)
- No Quick Answers on Menthol's Effects
(Richmond Times-Dispatch, March 31, 2010)
- Effect of Menthol on Smoking Unclear
(Wall Street Journal, March 30, 2010)
- FDA's Tobacco Panel Targets Menthol Cigarettes
(NPR.org, March 30, 2010)
- FDA Panel Weighs Menthol Cigarette Effects
(Reuters, March 30, 2010)
- Cigarette Smuggling Linked to Terrorism
(Washington Post June 8, 2004)